- A cancer diagnosis of any kind is life changing not only for the patient but also their family.
- One in eight women develops invasive breast cancer during her lifetime.
- It was estimated that in 2015 in the United States alone, there will be 231,840 new cases of invasive breast cancer.
- Some insurance will only cover the medical needs. Medicare and Medicaid will not cove wigs($40-$1k), prosthetic breasts($50-$400) and bras($24-$60).
- Approximately 2,000 men annually are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- An estimated 1 in 6 men in the U.S. will be diagnosed with prostrate cancer.
- Exocrine or pancreatic cancer develops without any early warning symptoms.
- Thyroid cancer is the fastest increasing cancer in both men and women.
- There are 30 different kinds of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and an estimated 71,000 diagnosis will occur in 2015.